Friday, March 7, 2014

I accept a new challenge

The new challenge I have accepted is to paint myself only once but in various positions. I am not supposed to work quickly. I am challenged to mix paint slowly and layer carefully. The last instruction is to leave some white of the paper.

What I have learned so far:

Accepting a challenge is the first step in the commitment to grow and change

The white of the paper allows  for a larger value range and an escape for the eye. I think  of it as an exhale. 

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful, Jo! You have a great sense of adventure and not afraid of risk. It will result in growth. Love your self portrait and hope to see more! Good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a mentor who is pushing me in some new directions. I am so glad. I love having a challenge and a task .

      Delete