Friday, March 4, 2016

Seeing like Dogs


I think it is no secret that I love dogs. I sometimes call them "people dogs" because I can spend the day here and have full conversations with my animals. I know what their different barks mean and I know we have true affection for each other. 

I also like to watch their behavior. Any shape that shifts outside the window is a big attraction. I don't think they know my face or my features but they know my "outline or mass". 

So when I start a painting in  Step one I try think like a dog. Finding dark patterns that connect the whole into the beginning of recognizable shapes. 

What I have learned so far: 
Seeing like a dog is a learned skill 
being open and loving like a dog may be a skill to hard for a mere human being to master.

No comments:

Post a Comment